Saturday, December 4, 2010

Oh Happy Days

Today i had a pleasant surprise when my elementary school teacher walked in to my office for a check up. It's not that i am happy she was ill, but i was glad that she could remember me. She even remembered my name. It took her a while but then she did remember my name.

She was my teacher when i was in grade 3, and i remember that i was a troubled student at that time. Perhaps that's why she remembered me, or it could simply be the fact that i was the only indian student in her class that she still remembered me after all this year. Either way, i was so excited and happy.

She couldn't take her eyes of me while i was checking her and explaining to her about her condition. She kept smiling until i felt nervous and groggy. I told her i felt like i was in an exam... my elementary teacher seeing if i had become the person she once a hand in building, if i were a good doctor and if i were a good person.

She laughed and told me she was awed and proud to see me, once her 'troubled' student, sitting in the doctor's office with a white coat and explaining her. She started chattering about how she was gonna tell her colleagues who were also once my teachers how she got treated by me.

I was happy and nervous at the same time. The feeling that my teacher saw my success and was proud of me was out of the world. I was happy and content and all. But i was nervous and scared.. what if the medicine didn't work or if my diagnosis was wrong. I dun her to think that i was that person... the one that completed her studies but wasn't skilled at the field...

well anyways, all in all.. i had a pretty good day and excitement and pride.

Thank you Ms. Lestari for being an awesome teacher :)

-RandoMind-

No comments:

Post a Comment